Getting Sanger-release.2000_07_14 To Compile On Solaris 2.6

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 03:36:53 EST 2000

Kevin,

We've had problems with aceserver not running under inetd on Solaris 2.6/2.7 but
never with what you describe below (as far as I am aware...).

Please can you do several things:

1) send me the output of "uname -a" on your machine

2) tell me which binaries you tried to compile and run

and we'll take it from there. (send the stuff direct to me)

cheers Ed

Kevin Coakley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I work for UCSD and I am trying to get Sanger-release.2000_07_14 to
> compile on a Solaris 2.6 server.  When I use SOLARIS_4_DEF or
> SOLARIS_4_RELEASE_DEF, it produces binaries that core dump. I was able
> to compile version 4.7l on the server using SOLARIS_4_OPT_DEF but now
> Sanger-release.2000_07_14.tar.gz does not include SOLARIS_4_OPT_DEF.
> Anyone have any insight into how I could get Sanger-release.2000_07_14
> to compile on Solaris 2.6 without core dumping?
>
> btw: I did get the source to compile on a Linux server.
>
> Thanks
> -Kevin
> zz1kc at sdcc12.ucsd.edu

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk   URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780       Fax: +44 1223 494919                      |