8 subclass limit in acedb

Keith Bradnam keith at thale.nott.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 06:11:15 EST 2000

I've asked in the past whether the release of acedb 4.8 will enable you to
exceed the current 8 subclass limit for any class.  I recall hearing
different answer with someone (Richard?) telling me that 4.8 (beta)
already has this capacity.  A beta version that I downloaded a while ago,
didn't have this facility but I haven't tried any more recent betas.

Any more news about this?  I would find it exceptionally useful if you
could have (at least) a doubling of this subclass limit.  My database
currently has nearly a quarter of a million sequences, and even when you
divide that into 8 subclasses (Genomic, EST, GSS, mitochondrial etc.) you
still have some hefty classes which I could ideally subdivide again if
there wasn't the 8 subclass limit.

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre - http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091