xace problem

Brian Swanson bswanson at sibyte.com
Tue Sep 19 03:37:37 EST 2000

I hope someone can point me the right direction:

xace runs its initial window with no problem.  The next
window I launch takes a little longer.  By the 3rd or
4th window, xace seems to be stuck in the event loop:

The window manager (CDE) and Xsun processes swamp the
cpu.  The 'Ready' label in the main window flashes.  Also,
if I interrupt the process, the top of the function stack
is '_poll'.

tace and AcePerl seem to access the db with no problems,
so it seems to be an X thing.

I tried to compile with both the  SOLARIS_4 and
SOLARIS_4_RELEASE make files (both result
in the same problem).  I also tried the binary from one
of the download sites (bin.solaris_5_6.4_7l.tar.Z), again
with the same result.

So, I'm looking for hints - Solaris rev/build?, window
manager? acedb? operator headspace?

Thanks.  Brian

SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
acedb version is 4.7l