tacedb/xace

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 05:27:31 EST 2000

Janet,

Hope you don't mind me posting the answer to your problem with aceperl so that
others can benefit from it:

>> Could you describe what operations your perl scripts do and in particular how
>> they exit (they may inadvertantly be doing a 'save').
>
> you are right - the script was inadvertantly saving when it exit. your
> question prompted me to delve deeper into the aceperl donumentation, and
> I added a line to my perl script:
>
> $db->auto_save(0);
>
>which seems to have solved the problem. thanks for the suggestion!

OK, so that's probably worth noting, Lincoln (Stein) may may like to comment on
this.

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk   URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780       Fax: +44 1223 494919                      |