what future ?

Florent Crepineau crepinau at sb-roscoff.fr
Thu Sep 28 07:28:37 EST 2000

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10009040852150.12440-100000 at riker.ebi.ac.uk>,
Ewan Birney <birney at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

>Where should ACEDB go?

More documentation, rich in examples. Tutorials at
major conferences.

I would like ACeDB to become a LIMS (Laboratory Information Managment
System) for biology project.

I have used it for an EST project and I am considering its use in a SAGE
project to handle sequences information.

The biggest problem I found is intefacing with other softwares
especially analysis software such as motif/domain searching software.

What I would like to see is a common motif/domain format ( similar to
the CAF format developed to share assemblies ) with the translating
softwares to go back and forth from ACeDB to pfamm MEME or whatever.

( I read such a project about 2 years ago but I can't remember where,
about a common descriptive langage for motif, domains... but have not
seen anything yet)

Just my 2 cents.

Florent

ps : I also would like to see translating software between ACEDB and
multiple alignment programs.