Parsing error (?) messages in 4.8c

Keith Bradnam [NASC] keith at thale.nott.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 07:48:38 EST 2001

Hi

I've recently added 4.8c to our system and am trying to load some ace
files.  I've noticed some behaviour which didn't occur when using 4.7l.

Specifically, if I try parsing a simple sequence file such as :

Sequence EMBL:A75959.1_cds
CDS
Gene_product "NADPH CYTOCHROME P450 REDUCTASE"
Gene_name "ARA B"

Then I get a message confirmation box appear which reads:

"Type of ARA B does not check in B object "EMBL:A75959.1_cds".

I can't do anything until I click continue. Despite this it does seem to
be adding the sequences to the database, but this is not very helpful when
I am trying to load a lot of sequences and am having to confirm each one.

Any ideas on why this is happening in 4.8c and not in 4.7l???

Thanks,

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - UK CropNet (http://ukcrop.net) webmaster and
~  Arabidopsis Genome Resource  (http://ukcrop.net/agr) developer.
~
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre, University Park,
~  University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK.  Tel: (0115) 951 3091