4.8c file chooser annoyance

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 09:50:10 EST 2001

Keith,

> The ace file browser in 4.8c always defaults to the root system directory,
> even if you have just loaded an ace file from another directory.  This is
> not consistent with 4.7l behaviour (which looked in the directory from
> which you ran xace) and a little annoying.

What I see is this....

I start xace up with		xace /my/data/base/dir

then I go to parse a file and the file chooser and is rooted in the above
directory.

If I then select and open a file in a different directory, the file chooser is
then rooted in that new directory.

So long as I actually choose a file in the new directory then the file chooser
becomes rooted in that directory.

What were you doing when you had the problem, how did you start xace up etc. ?

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |