socket server ok under solaris-7

jingyu at dnalandmarks.ca jingyu at dnalandmarks.ca
Tue Dec 11 04:37:38 EST 2001

> There's no trick, no miracle, anybody can do it?  I don't understand
this.
> I need to answer to the group my own question,
> Is this new code, or was I just never configuring it right?

It is new code.

I know that Yves Quentin, IBSM France, has successfully installed socket
server on Solaris 8 without any tricks, when using ace_4.9f.

And I just tried to install the socketserver again but instead of ace_4.9c
that I tried last time, I downloaded ace_4.9h this time.  It works fine on
both foreground and inetd, without modification as SOLARIS_4_OPT on our
machine
[jingyu at CRICK searches]$uname -a
SunOS CRICK 5.8 Generic_108528-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

By noticing that Jean used sanger daily ace code on Solaris 7, I also tried
ace_4.9i (current daily version) on the same machine, but I got error when
compiling:
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libgif.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/pkg/ace_4.9i/tmp/bin.SOLARIS_4_OPT'
make: *** [libgif.a] Error 2
Then I stopped the trying on this version.

Jing