socket server ok under solaris-7

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Dec 11 11:08:05 EST 2001

jing,

> By noticing that Jean used sanger daily ace code on Solaris 7, I also tried
> ace_4.9i (current daily version) on the same machine, but I got error when
> compiling:
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libgif.a'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/pkg/ace_4.9i/tmp/bin.SOLARIS_4_OPT'
> make: *** [libgif.a] Error 2
> Then I stopped the trying on this version.

OK, something to note here is that the daily code is built and tested each night
and therefore _may_ not be working. In this case we made a mistake in the
makefile which is now corrected.

As a rule its better to stick to the monthly code if you want the latest
features but with the knowledge that the code is working reasonably well.

|        Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,  |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |