acedb 4.7 and solaris 8

Jason Hill jhill at myriad.com
Mon Feb 19 05:31:00 EST 2001

I'm trying to get acedb 4.7 to run on Solaris 8, but when I when I try to
read a .ace file, the "open file" dialog opens up and my machine then goes
into a state of entropy -- all available memory (256Mb) fills up and it
begins to swap (695Mb) until it fills up all available swap space, then
acedb crashes and I have to login from another machine to kill my
Xsession.  4.3 and earlier seem to work fine, 4.7_? has the above
behavior.  The same things happens if I try to do anything from the Admin
or Edit buttons.

I never get to the point of actually selecting which .ace file I want to
import.  This happens with the available 4.7 binary as well as recompiling
the source.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Hill
Programmer III