acedb 4.7 and solaris 8

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Feb 21 09:53:05 EST 2001

Jason,

> I never get to the point of actually selecting which .ace file I want to
> import.  This happens with the available 4.7 binary as well as recompiling
> the source.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could alternatively move to acedb 4_8 by downloading the monthly build from
our web site. This code is stable and is being used by lots of people at Sanger.
As far as we know it does not have problems with the Solaris 8 X server.

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |