Grid display

Mark Blaxter mark.blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 03:58:08 EST 2001

Hi
I have been trying with no success to date to get the Grid display to
give me smaller boxes, and an A-P along the top and 1-24 down the
side, so that I can use it for inputting hyb data on a 4x4 gridded,
384-well plate library in an easy way.
The main issue is getting the grid of boxes to be small enough to fit
on a screen so they are visible all-at-once (using a big 19" screen I
can currently see 16x4 across but only ~14x4 up and down).
The toggle small display option for grids is curious in that it gives
a set of boxes delimited only by their corners, and is oddly affected
by choosing particular clones on the grid.

Can I reduce the "box" size in the non-minimised grid view?
The lettering is less important but would be useful.

Mark
Dr. Mark Blaxter   email  Mark.Blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Reader in Nematode Genetics
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology
Ashworth laboratories, Room 311
King's Buildings, University of Edinburgh,
West Mains Road, EDINBURGH  EH9 3JT, UK
phone: (+44) 131 650 6760  **NEW** Fax :...650 7489
see   http://www.nematodes.org

          ~ may all beings be happy ~