IE problems with webace

sharen.bowman at syngenta.com sharen.bowman at syngenta.com
Wed Jun 13 03:16:23 EST 2001

Hi,

I have recently installed webace.  Using Netscape as browser, everything
seems
to work mostly OK, graphics seem to load up fine.  However when I try with
IE (which
pretty much everyone else here will be using) some of the images will not
load-
essentially I just get a grey box appearing.

Messages in the web server error log are as follows:-

>>Tue Jun 12 14:20:52 2001] [error] [client 156.71.73.146] File does not
exist:
>>./apps/ACEDB/webace/WEBROOT/javacache/elegans.Map.SequenceV.720x720.3981p7
5.7892p25.gif

(I can get that image file fine using netscape)

Even when just navigating around using IE I get the following message quite
often

>>handle is not of type ace_handlePtr at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/acelib/Acedb.pm line 84.

I am also having another problem with both IE and Netscape that actually
cause the
database to crash.  If under map you click on eg  Autosomal or XR, the
database goes
down and the web error log has the message:-

>>Bad free() ignored at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/acelib/Acedb.pm line
696.

I have AcePerl-1.60
webace2.0a5
perl-5.6.0

Have I just picked up a rogue version of AcePerl?  Any suggestions would be
most welcome!

Cheers,
-Sharen