pb setting up saceserver

F. Coulier coulier at marseille.inserm.fr
Thu Jun 14 03:19:58 EST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to set up saceserver on my machine, following the "User
Guide To Sockets-based Client/Server"; I experience some troubles.
I am using acedb 4.9a.

saceserver (and saceclient) are doing just fine when launched in the
foreground.

But when launched through inetd (actually, it is xinetd on my machine),
I get a
FATAL ERROR -  (fc on grun.marseille.inserm.fr) reported by program
saceclient (ACEDB 4_9a), in file acesocketlib.c, at line 284: connect
error system error 111 - Connection refused

/etc/services :
acedb   20113/tcp

/etc/xinetd.conf :
acedb	stream	tcp	wait	acedb	/usr/local/bin/saceserver saceserver
/database/acedb 200:200:0

acedb is a valid user on my machine

saceserver is -rwxr-xr-x

Any help will be appreciated!

François

François Coulier,        mél: coulier at marseille.inserm.fr
INSERM Unité 119, 27 bd Leï Roure, 13009 Marseille, France
Tel: 33 (0) 4 91 75 84 23 Fax: 33 (0) 4 91 26 03 64
Site ouaibe: http://u119.marseille.inserm.fr/