pb setting up saceserver

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 08:14:35 EST 2001

François,

> I am trying to set up saceserver on my machine, following the "User
> Guide To Sockets-based Client/Server"; I experience some troubles.
> I am using acedb 4.9a.
          .
          .
> /etc/xinetd.conf :
> acedb   stream  tcp     wait    acedb   /usr/local/bin/saceserver saceserver
> /database/acedb 200:200:0

OK, I've been looking at the xinetd docs, as far as I can see the format for the
xinetd.conf file is _completely_ different from the format for inetd.conf.

They are not in any way the same. I don't know what xinetd did with the above
entry but it won't have understood it !

The format is basically:

service <your_servicename>
{
   <a load of parameters>
}

I will ammend the socket documentation to include a sample xinetd.conf entry, it
will take me a few days because I will need to set it up and test it.

If anyone has already done this then perhaps they could post an item here.

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |