pb setting up saceserver

F. Coulier coulier at marseille.inserm.fr
Fri Jun 22 03:45:54 EST 2001

Ed Griffiths wrote:

> Further to my last append:
>
> > I will ammend the socket documentation to include a sample xinetd.conf entry, it
> > will take me a few days because I will need to set it up and test it.
> >
> > If anyone has already done this then perhaps they could post an item here.
>
> I've found a utility called xconv.pl which converts inetd.conf entries into
> xinetd.conf entries, so when I'm sure everything is working I'll also provide a
> tool to convert peoples inetd.conf entries.

Well, thanks a lot!

Meanwhile, I've noticed the difference in format between inetd.conf and
xinetd.conf.

I've tried the following in xinetd.conf:
service acedb
{
        socket_type     =stream
        protocol        =tcp
        wait            =yes
        user            =acedb
        server          =/usr/local/bin/saceserver saceserver
/database/acedb 200:200:0
}

to replace the line in inetd.conf
acedb  stream  tcp     wait    acedb   /usr/local/bin/saceserver
saceserver /database/acedb 200:200:0

This was from what I understood from the man page for xinetd.conf. Since
this did not work either, I probably misunderstood something there.

François

François Coulier,        mél: coulier at marseille.inserm.fr
INSERM Unité 119, 27 bd Leï Roure, 13009 Marseille, France
Tel: 33 (0) 4 91 75 84 23 Fax: 33 (0) 4 91 26 03 64
Site ouaibe: http://u119.marseille.inserm.fr/