pb setting up saceserver

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 08:44:29 EST 2001

Francois,

> I've tried the following in xinetd.conf:
> service acedb
> {
>         socket_type     =stream
>         protocol        =tcp
>         wait            =yes
>         user            =acedb
>         server          =/usr/local/bin/saceserver saceserver
> /database/acedb 200:200:0
> }
>
> to replace the line in inetd.conf
> acedb  stream  tcp     wait    acedb   /usr/local/bin/saceserver
> saceserver /database/acedb 200:200:0
>
> This was from what I understood from the man page for xinetd.conf. Since
> this did not work either, I probably misunderstood something there.

I ran your above entry through the convertor I found (xconv.pl from
http://www.xinetd.org/) and got this:

service acedb
{
	flags       = REUSE
	socket_type = stream
	protocol    = tcp
	wait        = yes
	user        = acedb
	server      = /usr/local/bin/saceserver
	server_args = /database/acedb 200:200:0
}

so you might try that. (Note that the convertor sets up a generic "defaults"
stanza but I haven't included that as you xinetd.conf should already have one.)

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |