Source_Exons tag

Jean Thierry-Mieg mieg at
Wed Nov 7 05:57:46 EST 2001

Dear Donn

As we have discussed very often with Richard and others
we, Danielle and I, are totally opposed to having exons and intron

in our view there exist
 Gene :: which is a set of alternativelly splaiced mRNAs
 mRNA :: which has 3' and 5' UTR and exons and introns and is supported by
several cdnas
 Product: which correspond to choosing the reading frame from Met to Stop
 but generally speaking, the cdna sequences give sets of connected exon
 the exon object is not biological, not given by experimental approach
 but is a pure creation of grne rpediction programs, like GeneScan, which
 give good exons but quite random exon chaining
 have a look at
 of course all that is generated inside acedb/acembly