Ed Griffiths edgrif at
Thu Sep 27 06:49:45 EST 2001

> ** in my /etc/services, I have line:
> cabbagepatch   20001/tcp

Your /etc/services entry is fine (assuming that there are no other entries with
port number 20001 in the file !).

> ** in my /etc/inetd.conf, I have line:
> 20001/1 stream tcp wait jingyu /usr/local/bin/sgifaceserver sgifaceserver
> /data/users/jingyu/local_cabbage/Local-CP    1200:1200:10

Your inetd.conf entry is not correct. Instead of "20001/1" you should have
"cabbagepatch", the first word is supposed to be the same as the first word in

Please do take a look at:

you can access this document from our web site if you haven't got your own copy:

Please correct your inetd.conf entry and try again.

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |