AQL table intersection

Dave Matthews matthews at greengenes.cit.cornell.edu
Thu Aug 1 11:46:19 EST 2002

The following query gives the message,

// FATAL ERROR - (ruid: matthews, euid: matthews, on nightshade) reported by
program tace (ACEDB 4_9i), in file aqlcheck.c, at line 1321: checkField() -
can only check fields against a TABLE_SFW-type node

  aql @Both :=
    (select p
    from p in class Probe,
	 s in p->Source_species
    where p like "*SpCl*"
    and s like "Oryza*")
  intersect
    (select p
    from p in class Probe,
	 s in p->Source_species
    where p like "*SpCl*"
    and s like "Triticum*") ;
  select r:1
  from r in @Both

The intersect by itself works fine, up to the semicolon.  If I don't
do the intersect it also works fine, i.e.

  aql @Both :=
    (select p
    from p in class Probe,
	 s in p->Source_species
    where p like "*SpCl*"
    and s like "Oryza*") ;
  select r:1
  from r in @Both

This is with either ace4_9c or 4_9i.
Can someone please fix this?  I'd like to be able to use it.

- Dave

P.S. The documentation at www.acedb.org/Software/whelp/AQL/overview.shtml
says the intersect operator gives "rows that are in one table but not
the other".  Shouldn't this be "rows that are in both tables"?