Setting up AceBrowser

Jean Thierry-Mieg mieg at
Tue Jan 8 05:09:37 EST 2002

you must use
not simply aceserver
as your acedb database server
i think the documentation is missing that explanation
or at least it is hidden so i guess that is your problem

>From: Raoul Meuldijk <raoul.meuldijk at>
>Subject: Setting up AceBrowser
>To: bionet-software-acedb at
>Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:54:10 +0000 (GMT)
>The Animal Breeding and Genetics group is setting up a database on the chicken
genome, using AceDB.
>We would like to make this browsable through the WWW, like the elegans database
on the site .
>I have downloaded and installed the Acebrowser as found on , and managed to get this running
on our Linux server (Suse Linux 7). However, only the text-
>interface is working, not the graphical webinterface working. It appears some
software components that render the clickable GIFs are missing. Could someone
give me an overview of which files should be installed
>and running, in which directories on the server?
>What we've got so far can be seen on .
>Does anyone have information on how to add the graphics, or an URL to
documentation explaining what components should be running on the server to
create these clickable graphics?