acedb for Mac OS X

Keith Bradnam krb at
Fri Mar 8 04:22:50 EST 2002

Just a quick post to say that I have managed to fairly easily get xace
running on MacOS 10.1.3.

As Simon Kelley has outlined elsewhere, you need to have an Xserver
running first.  I used XDarwin and installing fink made the whole process
quite straightforward.

There is a very helpful guide on installing XDarwin, Fink etc. at:

This guide was written from a viewpoint of getting 'gimp' to run on OS X
but is as useful for explaining how to get any X-based graphical
application running.

P.S. As a reminder, Simon has put pre-compiled
binaries of xace and tace at:

~  Keith Bradnam - WormBase group:
~  The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute,
~  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK.  Tel: 01223 834244 x7516