X problem too

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 05:51:43 EST 2002

Kenji,

I have split your problems into two replies so they form separate discussion
threads in the news group.

> I installed ACeDB and I am able to access wormbase using xace.
> Opening a third window, while navigating, X process starts to eat a
> lot of CPU processing and a lot of Memory and then it hangs. The linux
> box is a P4 2GHz with 1GB RAM. In the xace interface, the word
> "ready", in green, starts to blink very fast and then the machine
> hangs.

OK, can you tell me which version of acedb you downloaded from the web site
please (version number, monthly build etc. etc.). Could you also say a little
more clearly what you were doing, i.e. when you say "navigating", do you mean
you had 3 fmaps open all looking at entire chromosomes or...?

Sorry, but without more details I can't help.

|        Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,  |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |