sgifaceserver with big databases

Martin Trick martin.trick at
Mon Nov 11 11:08:07 EST 2002

Apologies to all, as I guess this is mainly a UNIX SysAdmin question ...

My ACEDB database is now rather large and I'm experiencing a problem
with sgifaceserver 4.9f crashing as it trys to grab more memory than the
user process datasize. I tried to up the datasize limit as root but I
guess that only lasts as long as the current environment? As soon as the
server crashes and restarts it inherits the (inadequate) hard limits
that came with the system.

Is there any way around this apart from rebuilding the kernel :-(

thanks in advance

Martin Trick