sgifaceserver with big databases

Dave Matthews matthews at greengenes.cit.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 11 12:34:55 EST 2002

Hi Martin,

I haven't hit that yet but may soon so I've been wondering about it.
Possible solution:
My sgifaceserver runs as user "nobody".  So, give nobody a home directory,
and a shell, and in the .cshrc (or .bashrc or whatever) add a line
"limit datasize unlimited"

(Actually datasize defaults to unlimited on my Solaris 8 system, see below.
But my sgifaceserver does occasionally crash for lack of file descriptors.)

% limit
cputime         unlimited
filesize        unlimited
datasize        unlimited