magical "Used_in" text string

Raymond Lee raymond at caltech.edu
Mon Apr 28 03:07:18 EST 2003

Hi,

xace, 4_9k, Redhat Linux 7.2

is there something magical about "Used_in"?

i noticed this curiosity when i tried to use "Used_in" as a tag name in a
new data model. acedb read the models in without complaints but converted
Used_in to used_in when i looked at the models using xace display.

i tried a number of variations and it seems this phenomenon only happens
to "Used_in", the exact string.

this bug/feature does not affect my work in any significant way but i'm
just wondering why it happens. i had seen a similar phenomenon (for a
string that i cannot recall) in the drawing program Canvas. but in that
case my work was rather significantly affected because i needed to display
that particular string.

any ideas?

raymond

__