Help needed with AQL query

Keith Bradnam krb at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jan 28 03:51:58 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to use AQL to retrieve the timestamps from parts of an
object.  If my object was something like:

Locus: "abc-1"
Other_name "ABC/1"
	   "pqn-1"

I want the timestamps associated with the two Other_name fields ('ABC/1'
and 'pqn-1') and I'm trying to make sequential queries to get this
(assuming I know the values of the other names):

So far I have the AQL query:

Select l, m, n.node_session from l in class Locus where l = "abc-1", m in
l->Other_name where m = "ABC/1", n in l->Other_name

This just about works and I get a results table returned with the
timestamp in the 3rd column.  However, this query doesn't work via
AcePerl...the first two columns return ok (Locus name, Other_name) but no
timestamp.

In the results display in acedb, the first two columns have relevant
titles ('l' and 'm') but not the third column.

Any AQL experts out there?

Thanks,

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - WormBase group: http://www.wormbase.org/
~
~  The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute,
~  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK.  Tel: 01223 494922