tag does not fit model error 4.9t

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 04:14:15 EST 2005

Mark,

Several users reported this, if you update to 4.9v you should find the problem
has gone away, sorry for the inconvenience.

In point 3) you mention that the files don't read in automatically any more, can
you just clarify what files/ where they are etc etc

Ed

> I'm experiencing a peculiarity that has me a bit befuddled.  I did the
> following:
>
> 1)  I have a models.wrm and a bunch of .ace files generated from a dump
> of  the associated database.
> 2)  I start up ACE  (4.9t) and initiatlize a new database with this
> models.wrm file.
> 3)  I start to read in the ACE files (b.t.w. why don't they all read in
> one after another like they used to?)
> 4)  I get an error in my Protein class saying that tag DNA_homol does
> not fit model.
> 5)  I look at the offending line in the .ace file and it is simply
>
> Protein : xxxx
> DNA_homol  yyyy
>
> 6)  I look at what is loaded into the database, and it has in fact been
> written into the DB!
> 7)  I open the "offending" Protein record, and make a dump of *just*
> that record.
> 8)  I look at the two .ace files side by side and they are 100% identical.
>
> How can it be that Ace can read in a record, claim that there is an
> error, read it in regardless, and then dump out exactly the same
> "erroneous" record?  you'll have to trust me that the error message is
> incorrect,and that DNA_homol is, in fact, a valid tag in the model :-)

|        Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,  |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-494780  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |