[Acedb-soft] Parse function returns nothing

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 08:41:26 EST 2005

Renee,

> I am running into a strange problem with AceDB.  I had just set up a
> development version of our current intranet site that runs as a wrap
> around of AceDB.
>
> There seems to be some write problem with the development site.
> However, the "write to database" function is shared between production
> and development.  Production seems to have no problems in writing to the
> database, but development always return an error.  This is what I've
> tracked it down to be:
>
> - parse($parseStatement) returns nothing
> - no Ace->error is returned either
>
> I'm stumped as to why this is happening.  If you can give me any
> suggestions, I'd very much appreciate it.  Thanks!

I'm not sure I completely understand what you say above but it sounds a bit like
you may be having two processes trying to get write access to a single acedb
database at the same time. Unfortunately you cannot do this, only one process
can have direct (i.e. not via the acedb server) write access at a time.

Can you check whether this is the case.

Ed

|  The Morgan Building, Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   |
|  Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1HH                                           |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk  Tel: +44-1223-496844  Fax: +44-1223-494919 |