gorse

JM01%SWTEXAS at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU JM01%SWTEXAS at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Tue Dec 11 12:22:00 EST 1990

> Steven J. Gill writes:
>
> If my memory serves me right, gorse is a flowring plant, family
> Leguminosae/Fabaceae, whereas juniper is a conifer, family Cupresaceae.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I'm sure juniper is incorrect.  I was relying
on Merriam-Webster's dictionary, obviously a very poor choice for plant
taxonomy, which defined "gorse" as "juniper".  Sorry about that, I should've
know better.  The plant description by Chamove indicated it couldn't be a
juniper.  Regrowth from stumps is a problem associated with hardwood trees,
not conifers.

Joseph M. Meyer
Office of Institutional Research and Planning
Southwest Texas State University
San Marcos, Texas  78666
BITNET%"JM01 at SWTEXAS"

        "Don't be humble; you're not that great." -- Golda Meir