Need information on a African plant "Flamboyance" (from Zaire)

Mukesh Kacker mukesh at lucknow.Eng.Sun.COM
Mon Nov 5 18:39:17 EST 1990

One of my friends needs information about a tree
the french (?belgian) name of which is "Flamboyance" or "Flamboyant".
She is trying to grow some seeds brought by her parents
from Zaire(africa) 15 years ago in the climate of northern Califronia
(near Sacramento). The plant is foot tall now.
She needs more information on this plant
like how hardy the plant is and what temperature extremes it
can stand. Any information about it will be appreciated.

I would appreciate responses by e-mail as I do not follow these

-Mukesh Kacker
mukesh at