Computers in forest research newsgroup

Lauri Valsta valsta at kuusi.metla.fi
Thu Dec 5 02:22:15 EST 1991

I'm glad to see this discussion started. There might be two separate
"needs" for a newsgroup. One for the IUFRO newsletter and an other one
for communication between forest scientists. I see much potential for
both of them. I think we should aim for something like "sci.forest" but
I understand that we may have to use the bionet group to start with.

Do you think a newsgroup for communication between forest scientists has
a momentum now? Do these kinds of newsgroups exist in nets within
countries or organizations?
--
| Lauri T. Valsta   Finnish Forest Research Institute |
| valsta at metla.fi   Helsinki, Finland                 |