Bioeconomic Agroforestry Modelling Progect

James P. H. Fuller jim at crom2.uucp
Tue Feb 5 14:13:39 EST 1991

 > IN THE WAY OF AN INTRODUCTION, THIS COMPUTER ( AND OPERATOR) BELONG TO THE
 > BEAM PROJECT (BIOECONOMIC AGROFORESTRY MODELLING PROJECT). WITHOUT EXTENSIVE
 > DETAIL, THE PROJECT'S GOAL IS TO DEVELOP A SERIES OF COMPUTER BASED GROWTH/
 > ECONOMIC MODELS FOR USE BY RESEARCH STATIONS AND EXTENSION AGENTS.
 > THIS PROJECT IS DIRECTED BY TERRY THOMAS WITH PETER BEZKOROWAJNYJ ON BIO
 > AND PAUL WOJTKOWSKI ON KEYBOARD.
 > FOR MORE INFORMATION SEND A MESSAGE AND, IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW THIS MACHINE
 > WORKS, A REPLY WILL BE FORTHCOMMING.

   All right!  Some activity in bionet.agroforestry at last!  We're receiving
you at crom2, a public access Unix site in Athens, Georgia, USA.  crom2 is de-
voted to computing in all areas of biology.  Most of what we have pertains to
molecular biology but we're very much interested in intact organisms also and
in ecology/ethology/behavior (this in spite of the hard words S. Luria has said
about, sniff, "nature study.")  Athens is where the University of Georgia is
located; U.Ga. has quite a large school of forest management since timber plan-
tations are a major industry in this state.
   I for one am interested in anything you want to say about your project and
will keep any information you care to send me online here and post notices in
the forestry school that they're available to be read over here.  It may be
that someone in the department is doing similar work and would like to swap
experiences.
                                           James P. H. Fuller
                                       jim%crom2 at nstar.rn.com

P.S.  You have your caps lock key on.  May I suggest without offending that
since the range of expressiveness is so limited in email most people reserve
all-caps messages for WHEN THEY WANT TO SHOUT ABOUT SOMETHING.

                                                       -- Jim