AI and weed control

fore057 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz fore057 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 19 18:26:08 EST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.133930.9588 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, bryans at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (B. Charles Siegfried) writes:
> 	An expert program for killing weeds.  Is it ftpable?  I bet
> you might have written a quite opular program there.

I expect it would be ftpable.  If you're interested, let me know.  The work was
funded by Tasman Forestry Ltd., and the NZ Forest Research Institute, and we
have a three-way copyright agreement, so I expect there would be a charge for
licensing.  One of the nice things about the program is that it's a
domain-specific shell.  To add your own weeds, herbicides, crop types,
surfactants, etc., you simply enter the information in a companion program
- there's no further programming required.

I've just written a paper about it to present to a conference in September.  If
you're keen, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

Regards,
Euan