AI and forest fires

fore057 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz fore057 at csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jun 19 18:32:16 EST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.163930.8792 at hardy.u.washington.edu>, alonso at hardy.u.washington.edu (Ernesto Alvarado) writes:
> is a journal fo AI application to natural resources. Couple of students did
> the dissertation on AI and silviculture. My professor is trying to implement
> some of the AI concepts to forest fires.

If he hasn't already done so, I suggest your professor makes contact with Peter
Kourtz, and the forest research institute in Petawawa, Ontario.  Peter has
built an amazing system for locating and fighting forest fires.  It must be one
of the most sophisticated AI systems built for forestry to date.

Regards,
Euan