MAIZE/LEUCAENA

AFS045 at vaxc.bangor.ac.uk AFS045 at vaxc.bangor.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 06:33:00 EST 1991

Agroforesters:

	We are developing a bioeconomic model for a maize (corn) /
leucaena alley crop model.  At present we are having difficulty finding
information on the effects of root competition for both moisture/nutrient
on maize yields.  We are also need to find the minimum rainfall necessary
for the survival of leucaena under given soil/temperature conditions.

	Could anyone point us toward some data.

	                           Paul Wojtkowski
	                           BEAM Project, Univ. of Wales
	                           Bangor, Gwynedd, UK