cover crops

CHRIS BALL TW.A38 at isumvs.iastate.edu
Fri Nov 22 14:21:12 EST 1991

About a week ago I posted a request for information about cover
crops.  I received two responses, one that I believe was from
Cornell and one from Canada.  Through my inexperience of using this
system I somehow lost the responses and even the names and addresses
of the users.  Well, I think I have the system figured out now and I
would very much like to hear from the two of you one more time.

Also, I would again like to make a request for information about the
use of cover crops in short rotation woody crops systems.  I have
heard of a paper on the use of lupines for cover crops in New
Zealand but, I have not been able to find it.  Has anyone else heard
of this?

Another topic that I would like more information on is the use of
non-biological mulches such as black plastic.  Has anyone used these
in large scale, non-research situations?  I have suggested
non-biological mulches simply because it seems that too great a
volume of something like woodchips would be required to be
practical on a planting of say fifteen acres on 6'x8' spacing.
If you disagree please let me know.

Again thanks in advance,
Chris
--
Chris Ball                         Phone: (515) 294-1221
251 Bessey Hall