Repairing tree bark?

Marty Frongillo marty at sw.stratus.com
Tue Apr 7 11:48:17 EST 1992

When the builder of our new house was clearing land he damaged the bark on two
rather large oak trees.  Is there a way I can prevent the trees from further
damage by repairing or protecting the bark?  In both cases the damaged areas are
approximately 1 sq ft in size.

Someone I know suggested putting roofing cement over the damaged areas to
prevent water from getting under the bark and causing more damage.

I normally don't read this news group, so please send mail to me directly.  I'll
post a summary if necessary.

Thanks, Marty
marty at sw.stratus.com