request for tobacco seeds information

u6069416 at ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au u6069416 at ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Dec 21 21:34:53 EST 1992

I repost the following from bionet.plants, as I got only two answers, both of
them very useful, but I hope somebody else could have more information.
Does anyone know where could I find information, mostly pictures or diagrams,
about the anatomy and citology of tobacco seeds? I am going to test GUS
expression directed by a barley seed-specific promoter in transgenic tobacco
plants and I would like knowing more about this organ before starting. My main
concern is being able to recognize in microscope preparations the different
tissues of tobacco seed during several developmental stages.
Thank you for your answers.

Joaquin Royo
School of Botany
University of Melbourne