Veterinarian from Croatia

Vladimir Vidak vv10+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 22 14:48:36 EST 1992

Dear Colleagues,

     My name is Vladimir Vidak,and I am searching for a position in the
field of veterinary medicine.  Presently, I am working at Mellon
Institute, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, as a Research
Assistant. I am foreign graduate,D.V.M from Croatia, (graduated
1989,Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zagreb, Republic of
Croatia).
    Because of that, I am foreign graduate, and I do not have the
license to practice veterinary medicine in the USA., I am trying to find
position where
license is not requirement for acceptance of job as a veterinarian. I do
have the employment authorization from INS. My long-term  plans are, to
take Board exam for license to practice veterinary medicine, and learn
more about my field. Please contact me if you know of any positions that
are open. Thank you for your help in advance. Any suggestions can be
e-mailed to me at:

        vv10+ at andrew.cmu.edu,

        Or call me in person at the number listed below.

        Phone:(412) 343-5508

        Thank you very much,

                           Vladimir Vidak

____________________________________ R E S U M E
_______________________________

                              Vladimir Vidak

                              234 Lavina Aven
                              Mt. Lebanon, PA 15216

Date of Birth:  11/27/59

Fax:  412-268-7129            Home: 412-343-5508

                              Education / Occupation

Degree:           Graduate Veterinarian, D.V.M.

                  University of Zagreb, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
                  41000  Zagreb,  Heinzelova 55, Republic of Croatia
                  Fax: 38/41/214-697,   Phone: 38/41/290-111.
                  Studies lasting 10 semesters completed on Jan. 6, 1989.

Major Courses:    Anatomy I, Histology,  Embryology,  General Biology,
                  Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry,
                  Physics and Biophysics,  English language l,
                  Anatomy II, Histology II, Physiology of Domestic
                  Animals, Nutrition of Domestic Animals,  Applied
                  Biology in Domestic Animal Breeding,  General
                  Microbiology,  Bacteriology,  English language II,
                  Anatomy III,  Pathological Anatomy,  Pathological
                  Physiology,  Special Microbiology,  Virology,
                  Immunology,  Pharmacology and Toxicology,
                  Parasitology and Invasive Diseases,  Internal
                  Diseases  of Domestic Animals,  Obstetrics,  Sterility
                  and Artificial Insemination, Infectious Diseases of
                  Domestic Animals,  Pathology of Poultry in  Breeding
                  and Production,   Surgery,  Orthopedics and
                  Oncology,  Hygiene and Technology of Victuals of
                  Animal Origin,  Biology  and  Pathology  of Fish and
                  Bees, Radiobiology, Radiology,  Physical Therapy,
                  Zoohygiene, Economics  and Organization in Animal
                  Production and Veterinary  Medicine.

Occupation:       Veterinarian

Current employer: Carnegie Mellon University,  (Jan. 1990 - to present),
                  Department  of Biological Sciences,  Mellon Institute,
                  MI 600,  4400 Fifth Avenue,  Pittsburgh  PA 15213

                                   Work experience

December,1987    Army Veterinarian Service - Assistant Veterinarian.
December,1988    Treated and rehabilitated  Illness and injuries of dog
                 horse, including   surgical procedures,  physical
                 examinations, diagnosis, therapeutics, sample collection,
                 first aid, anesthesia, medical treatment  and vaccination .
                 Stress on clinical medicine, parasitic diseases, surgery
                 including  appropriate therapeutic, in addition to
                 preventive  medicine.

                 Conducted  day-to-day activities of the necropsy and
                 Surgical- pathological services. Working conditions , from
                 very good, to very harsh on the field.

January,1990     Carnegie Mellon University, Mellon Institute, Department of
 -to present     Biological Sciences, MI 600, Pittsburgh, PA
.Responsible
                 for a variety of technical support duties in a basic
research
                 laboratory dedicated to the study of Cancer.
Maintaining large
                 population of laboratory animals, necessary for the medical
                 research.

                                  Skills / Affiliations

Culture/Arts:    Philosophical and Theological studies  (1980 - 1983)
                 Theological Philosophical Institute, Faculty of Theology,
                 University of Zagreb, Republic of Croatia.

Computer:        Data reduction, development of databases, and Word
                 Processing with the IBM PS II and Macintosh II CX.

Languages:       English,  German,  Croatian

Affiliations:    Alma Matris Croaticae Alumni- Association of  Alumni
                 and Friends of Croatian Universities .

                 AMAC Mideast Chapter, USA.