Bamboos (Have you seen them IN BLOOM)

GUALA stinger at pine.circa.ufl.edu
Tue Feb 18 18:15:14 EST 1992

Has anyone out there seen bamboos in bloom?  If so where and when?
I am a bamboo researcher and will ID them for you if you want.
Tropical bamboos are of the most interest to me but temperate ones
are useful too.  I want to hear about ALL blooming populations but
ONLY ones that you have personally seen IN FLOWER.  Many bamboos
only flower every 100 yrs or so, most take at least a decade between
flowerings so you saw something rare if you saw one in bloom and I wou
ould like to know about it.

Thanks,
Stinger Guala
Stinger at UFPINE or Stinger at pine.circa.ufl.edu