Cypress Range Limits

Eduardo Kortright eduardo at porthos.cs.ua.edu
Fri Oct 16 12:03:13 EST 1992

Hi there,

I am not a biologist, but my sister is having an interesting time
trying to do some research on the limits of cypress ranges, and I
promised I would help her by posting a query to this group.  The
cypress she is interested in is _Taxodium_distichum_, and as far as I
can make out, she is interested in finding out what research has been
done on why cypress grow only in the flat areas of the coastal plain,
and whether the beginning of hillier terrain corresponds to the end of
cypress growth.  She would especially like references or comments from
people who have done any kind of work on the conditions at the
transition between the areas where cypress grow, and the areas where
they don't.

If you have any relevant information, or can point me to other
appropriate newsgroups, I would greatly appreciate any e-mail sent to:

	eduardo at cs.ua.edu

If anyone else is interested, I can post a summary of information
received.

Thanks,

--
     ._ 			    //  Eduardo Kortright
    /_  ._/ . .  ._   ._ ._/ ._	   //  Grad Student