Forestry at Summer Camp

Paul Calento pcalento at bu.edu
Mon Mar 29 15:39:54 EST 1993

I will be serving as Ecology-Conservation Director at a Boy Scout summer
camp, the Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation, in Woronoco, Massachusetts.

One of the merit badges that is offered to scouts is Forestry.  I am interested
in creative ways to instruct and motivate twelve to fifteen year olds to
develop interests in Forestry.

The Camp is situated on 1600 acres of mostly wodded land, featuring both
deciduous and evergreen trees.

If anyone has a listing of organizations which put out pamphlets on forestry,
as well as other environmental fields, I would much appreciate that listing.

Thank you.

Paul Calento
pcalento at acs.bu.edu