HELP : energy farming of trees

Dave Harry deh at s27w007.pswfs.gov
Wed Apr 20 10:21:22 EST 1994

>> I am looking for information about the joulerific value of various tree
>> species to include in a school science text book. Anyone got any ideas? I

>> gareth at karon.demon.co.uk
>I too am looking for info on the energetic values of various trees,
>mostly for coppicing purposes, but as a way of finding out about
>the economic use of set aside land in the UK and EEC.

Since there seems to be interest in this topic, here's one idea.  The US
Department of Energy has for many years funded a program on "biofuels".  I
suspect they could help you (particularly for the coppicing question and
set aside lands).  Can't give email addresses, but you might try writing to:

Biofuels Feedstock Development Program
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O. Box 2008
Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6352