timber prices

David Lloyd-Jones david.lloyd-jones at canrem.com
Sat Apr 30 01:18:00 EST 1994

AH+does anyone out there know how to get hold of timer prices in Western
  +industrial countries? I'm talking about the price you'd expect to be paid pe
  +cubicmetre.  I immagine they'll be quite easily accessible, just
  +haven't got a clou, how.

I would have said clue, but anybody of a carpentry turn of mind would
say "clou", wouldn't they?

Standard lumber prices are published every day in the Wall Street
Journal, and other financial newspapers.

If you are thinking of buying, for construction purposes, say, you can
get a good idea of things by talking to the Commercial Attache at the
embassy or consulate of any lumber exporting country.

The prices given you by the attaches will reflect open market
conditions of the advanced countries, and may not be an accurate
reflection of what goes on in, say, the forests of Thailand or the
veneer-peeling plants of Indonesia.

                                     -dlj.

david.lloyd-jones at ablelink.org

 * 1st 1.11 *  Ability OnLine - "The future has to start somewhere!"