Sylvanet

Al Banner banner at ccrs.emr.ca
Tue Aug 2 10:25:15 EST 1994

Subject: Sylvanet
From: Alex King, alexking at deepcove.com
Date: 31 Jul 1994 13:10:13 -0000

Alex King, alexking at deepcove.com writes:

>Could someone please repost the information on how to subscribe to the
>silvicultural newsgroup, I believe it called Silvanet or Sylvanet. Thanks.

                            SYLVANET

 Sylvanet is a quarterly publication of the International Forestry Programs
 in the College of Forest Resources at North Carolina State University,
 Raleigh, North Carolina. This list is the electronic version of the
 hard-copy newsletter begun in 1986. Two graduate student editors aim to
 relay and enhance information exchange on forestry research (or
 development related areas) as well as pose critical questions about natural
 resource management and conservation in tropical countries.

 *Keywords*
 afforestation, agroforestry, biodiversity, conferences, conservation,
 deforestation, ecology, economics, ecotourism, employment opportunities,
 energy, endangered species, environment, erosion, forest reserves,
 forestry, fuelwood, indigenous peoples, international forestry, ITTO,
 logging, national parks, natural resources, non-timber forest products
 (NTFPs), plantations, policy, rain forests, reforestation, research,
 silviculture, social forestry, sustainable development, TFAP, third world,
 timber, tropical forestry, women, wood

 *Subscriptions*

 This is an open subscription distribution list available to any interested
 parties.

 To subscribe send an e-mail message to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.NCSU.EDU with the
 first and only line of your message (command) as follows (your e-mail
 address is obtained from the mail header):

 SUBSCRIBE SYLVANET Jane Doe (replace with your name)

 To discontinue your membership send the following one line message to
 the same address:

 UNSUBSCRIBE SYLVANET

 *Back issues*

 This is an archived list. The first electronic publication available is
 Nov.  1993. To obtain any back issues, you must first get an index of the
 archived files. Send e-mail to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.NCSU.EDU with the
 following message (command):

 INDEX SYLVANET

 After viewing the names of the indexed files you again send a one line
 message (command) to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.NCSU.EDU with the following request:

 GET SYLVANET ARCHIVE# (add the number of issue as defined in the
 index file)

 *Correspondence*

 Comments and contributions are greatly appreciated, though this is a
 moderated list and DOES NOT SERVE AS A DISCUSSION GROUP OR BULLETIN
 BOARD. SEND ARTICLES DIRECTLY TO THE EDITORS AT ADDRESS BELOW
 (if you use the reply address in the mailheader your message will go to all
 subscribers!) Again, send your SUBSCRIPTION REQUESTS to the adress LISTED
 ABOVE. Submissions can/will be included in the hard copy of the Sylvanet
 with a current distribution of 350+ worldwide. Articles related to any of
 the keywords listed above emphasizing current research or information
 resources will be considered.

 *Editors: Kevyn Elizabeth Wightman & Kate Piatek
 Box 8002 Biltmore Hall                                Tel 919-515-6193
 NCSU, Raleigh, NC 27695-8002                          FAX 919-515-7231
 USA                                  e-mail  sylvanet at cfr.cfr.ncsu.edu

Al Banner
Dendron Resource Surveys Ltd.

AT:  Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
     Applications Technology Division, Forestry
     588 Booth Street, Rm 344B
     Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0Y7

     Phone: 613-947-1296; Fax: 613-947-1385
     Internet: banner at ccrs.emr.ca