JOB OPPORTUNITY -Park Ranger

Allen Earnest aearnest at acenet.auburn.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:31:03 EST 1994

NOTE: I am posting the following as a favor.  They have several
      positions that need to be filled IMMEDIATELY.  I can tell
      you that you will be working with top quality people in a
      plesant and productive atmosphere.  In my opinion, this is
      an excellent way to gain valuable experience and improve
      your chances of for permanent employment.

      PLEASE DO NOT respond to my account for application.  You
      must follow the instructions below to apply for the
      position.

FROM THE FEDERAL JOB OPPORTUNITY LISTING....

THE DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY has an opening for the following:

PARK RANGER, GS-025-5, $18,907 per annum

DUTY LOCATION:
Ft. Gaines, Georgia

CLOSING DATE:
March 7, 1994

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Serves as a Park Ranger performing work in the following functional
areas; recreation management, visitor assistance and services, natural
resource management, and interpretation.  Participates in the
day-to-day operation of safety.  Performs visitor assistance
activities including patrol of project land and water project area to
ensure compliance with the terms of lakeshore management permits and
to monitor project boundary lines.  Performs surveillance of forested
areas as well as other vegetative areas to detect fire or insect
infestations, or other problems.  Performs wildlife management
activities including population studies, habitat evaluation, food plot
preparation, equipment maintenance and inspection/supervision of
contract work.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have one year of specialize experience equivalent to
GS-4 OR must have completed a full 4-year course of study leading to a
bachelor's or higher degree with 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of
course work in any one or a combination of the following:  Natural
resource management, natural sciences, earth sciences, history,
archeology, anthropology, park and recreation management, law
enforcement/police science, social sciences, museum sciences, business
administration, pertinent to the management and protection of natural
and cultural resources.  Specialized experience is experience which
demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities, necessary to
perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled.
Experience may have been in technical administration, or scientific
work, fish and wildlife management, recreation management, law
enforcement, or other park related work.

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment will be on an intermittent or as needed basis.  Position is
temporary, not to exceed 1 year.

WHAT TO FILE:
SF-171
SF-15 and proof of preference (if claiming 10-point veterans
preference)

WHERE TO FILE:
Mail completed forms to:

      U.S. Army Engineer Districe, Mobile