American and Chinese Chestnuts

goddard at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu goddard at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Jan 5 18:47:51 EST 1994

NPR radio had a special interview one morning about 6 (?) months ago
with a woman who is working with American chestnuts. I think she was
genetically engineering them to help them withstand blight. If NPR
keeps an index of their interviews perhaps they could help track
down this person.
I am growing oaks and walnuts on our tree farm, and have also planted
about 30 Chinese chestnuts with the thought of some nut production.
Has anyone out there had good or bad experiences doing this? We are in
N.E. Kansas.

--steve g.