Kill a Poplar

Meindert de Jong vlinders at rcl.wau.nl
Fri Jul 1 15:57:15 EST 1994

In article <Cs8G41.to at ucc.su.OZ.AU>, asalter at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Gardener) writes:
>  In a message dated 06-16-94 Craig Strachman wrote to  All:
>> How do I kill the three poplars (chain saw massacre) and their roots
>> once and for all?
>
>If you really want to kill them, chop into them enough to open the bark and
>expose the wood underneath in several places. Paint this area with undiluted
>glyphosate (sold here under the trade names Roundup or Zero) and keep applying
>several time over a few weeks. Do this in the growing season, not while they
>are dormant. The trees will die, roots and all.
>Adrian

If you want to kill them slowly, give me a call and I will chop into them
enough to expose the wood and sprinkle a few drops of my mycoherbicide
onto it. The trees will die, roots and all in the next two years.
I can do this in whatever season, just send me an invitation +,
then I will visit you and demonstrate this biocontrol.
                     _______________________
     .    _  .      / Meindert de Jong      \
     |\_|/__/|     /  Vlinders at rcl.wau.NL    \
   /__|O||O|__ \  \    Voice: (+31) 8370 21937/
  |/_ \_/\_/ _\ |  \   FAX: (+31) 8370 23110 /