agroforestry planning in Madagascar

John Dennis jvd1 at cornell.edu
Sun Jul 24 18:29:21 EST 1994

Three of us at Cornell University will be participating in an agroforestry
planning exercise in SE Madagascar for the middle two weeks in August. I
would be great to make contact with anyone with previous experience in
forestry/agroforestry in Madagascar. Replacement of slash and burn rice
farming with more sustainable forms of land use is a priority. We still need
a good list of what exotic N-fixing shrubs and trees have been introduced
there. Please get in touch if you have some experience or information to
share.   John Dennis